Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Crystal Clear...?







































I love how the water at Waskesiu lake is crystal clear at this time of year. You can see right to the bottom. There is no guessing what lies beneath the surface... a clear path lies ahead.
Toby is the only one brave enough to swim as the ice has just come off the lake.

















The weekend was a great family retreat. Su Yee enjoyed her bumpy stroller rides and even got in on the fun hollering at Toby to "go get it" and "come back" to shore.

On the drive home we discussed her surgery and all the promise it holds for her speech development. Monday we packed our overnight bags in nervous anticipation. The path seemed crystal clear we could see the end result...







This morning we registered then waited in the less than pleasant hospital environment for 6 long hours with a busy, hungry, thirsty toddler. There were no toys; this was not a peds friendly place.

Then without warning her elective palate surgery was bumped from the Operating Room by an unforseen trauma that consumed the limited medical resources. A practice that seems to be common place in our province. We are now rescheduled for tomorrow morning.

I am thankful for being rescheduled so soon, but anxious that this "bumping" might happen again. (Royal University Hospital is designated for all the trauma's in the province.) It might not seem like big deal but the ONLY surgeon doing the clefts in our province retires June 1st. I was anxious this morning and more so now.

However after much wrestling and reading tonight it is crystal clear to me that we have to trust the surgery will happen and only God knows the right timing. I have been very unsettled about the whole process of handing my newest love over to the surgeon. She seems to me small and vulnerable though she has proven herself over and over to be very resilient. Tonight after continuing to wrestle through my own anxious thoughts I am resigned leave the whole thing with God. The pervasive thought is that I must trust in the Lords plans no matter how confounded and unclear...thus we wait until He says go. Perhaps it will be tomorrow - perhaps another day.

My verse today:
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3: 5-6

2 comments:

  1. I hope it gets done and everything turns out great! Keep us informed. I will be thinking of her (and you both) today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grandma and Grandpa wishing you well. Su Yee is a good healer, I trust God will keep her safe and healthy and bring her back to your loving arms.

    ReplyDelete