It won an award at Sundance 2011film festival. The film was chosen by the Sundance Institute's FILM FORWARD Program for Advancing Cultural Dialogue and will be seen by international audiences.
Synopsis:
Four teenaged girls, adopted from China as babies, explore the question "Who am I?" and start a dialogue about family and identity.
Problem: They need money to continue with distribution to the general public. Check out the website via the link in the sidebar for more information. They only have seven days left and a long way to go!
I don't usually jump on ANY bandwagons but the film trailer really peaked my interest. I feel like I think a bit like Linda...always looking ahead with questions on how I am going to deal with what might be a difficult transition for my daughter. How will I answer her questions when they come? Will I do a good job in helping my daughter exploring her identity? What will be the impact of my answers on the very person I love so much? How fantastic then to find a project that explores the very topic that scares me...
I hope that they are able to raise enough money to complete the distribution of the project. Check out the trailer for yourself (see sidebar). Please consider supporting the pledge drive.

Hi, My husband ran into your parents at their shop in town today and somehow they got talking about adoption and connected the dots. We are also adopting from China! Still in the home study phase. It's fun to "meet" someone else crazy enough to jump into Int. adoption! :)
ReplyDeleteI feel the same way Christina! I'm constantly wondering and worrying about how to answer the questions now and in the future...praying that God will give us wisdom beyond what we are capable of on our own.
ReplyDelete