Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Summer Tales...AUGUST 2011: Higher, lower and NO!


One of the only questions that Su Yee answered in the affirmative all summer was to do with swinging. 

MaMa: Do you want to go higher or lower?
Su Yee: HIGHER, Yah, willy HIGHER!





Hmmm, Patrick is 6 ft tall and she is over his head...I think that is plenty high for a baby swing!
1st Tetter-totter ride...I think she liked it! 
Higher or lower? HIGHER!
"No" was Su Yee's favorite word this summer. Almost all the questions are first answered with healthy NOOoooo...followed by a pause to really think about what we (the adults) were asking. Patrick once tried to fetch out whether she was really listening or just reflexively answering "NO". He asked a string of questions to which she responded "NO" ... except for the last question;
BaBa: Do you like to say "NO"?
Su Yee: "YES"!  with a big smile and a giggle. 

This picture is noteworthy only because she was so terrified of the water when we first met. Now she no longer wants MaMa's help or reassurance and happily swam by herself. We will need to enroll in swimming lessons soon! 
Our little fish...just don't get her eye's wet! :)

I wished I had recorded her buying her first treat at the lake all by herself. She is very good at remembering the stepwise instruction...pick out the sucker, remove the dollar from pocket, place it on the counter, look up at the clerk expectantly with those beautiful dark eyes. She was so serious! She took the change put it in her pocket and said thank you to the clerk. She is working so hard at being like the grown ups she hangs around with! 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like Su Yee has some independence and a lot of confidence.

    And I love her little Toms...

    ReplyDelete