Monday, February 25, 2013

The 3 Muskateer's...Winter Fun


We have had a lot of snow this year so the backyard is at least knee deep. Yesterday it was a nice winter day.

Kevin was "babysitting" in the afternoon as I had to go into the dance studio to run our last ballet practices before the Royal Academy of Dance Exams this week.

I came home to find the three muskateers sitting in their snow chairs near the garden. They made me smile.









They had spent a good portion of the afternoon building a toddler sized snowfort that glistened in the sun.




The deep snow on the patio was the perfect place to create a tiny tunnel which they had so much fun crawling through.....


....even though the big kid's shoulder's could barely fit he had to crawl through the tunnel himself.










As a youngster  Kevin would spend hours outside and tunnel through the snow banks or build forts on our nice winter days. I am glad that he is passing on his love of winter to his siblings.





2 comments:

  1. Isn't it great to have older kids who don't mind the babysitting and playing with the younger ones??

    Looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a huge blessing! I was the oldest in my family and spent lots of time "entertaining" my sibs and I really valued the time with them. It is a great chance for them to bond.

      Delete